StrongName for unvell.ReoScript.dll

Coordinator
Apr 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Hi Batoidea

Thanks very much! I really being think about a strong name, if you have any ideas, please let me know :)

For the next update in the future version, I am thinking about:
  1. Now ReoScript uses ANTLR to parse syntax, I have write a own parser to replace ANTLR, it is smaller and faster, and it will be no need to reference ANTLR's DLL anymore.
  2. A debugger is necessary to be finished, at least it is should be a way to add break points for debugging.
  3. I want to add more extension libraries, such as File and Socket operations.
  4. I am trying to finish a .NET compiler which can compile ReoScript code into .NET IL Code (to be able to use the JIT of .NET), if this could be implemented, it will bring a big performance benefit. But because of this, when the script's code crashed, it might affect to the .NET application, I want try to validate and find a safe method to implement it.
  5. Feature to read or change the syntax tree of script code. Now ReoScript has the 'Reflection' feature which gives the ability to get information such as variables and functions from the script code. In the future version, reading more information (including each tokens or literals) from syntax tree of script, and changing each elements of syntax tree in order to generate new script or compiling it into other languages, should be also implemented.
If you have any requirements, ideas, or feedback, please let me know!

cheers, Jing
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Or did you mean Strong-Named Assembly? :)
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2014 at 11:50 PM
OK, nice suggestion. A strong-name setting will be added into ReoScript.csproj. Thanks!
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2014 at 3:50 AM
Strong name signed assemblies have been released.
https://reoscript.codeplex.com/releases/view/122893